CHURCHVILLE – RCMP have laid charges in the drive-by shooting incident that took place here last month.
On January 3, Pictou District RCMP responded to a complaint of shots being fired at a residence and vehicle on East River East Side Road in Churchville. There were no injuries to the three people who were in the home at the time. The three male suspects were in a grey four-door pickup truck and one of them fired a long gun at the residence while they drove past it.
On February 22, the RCMP laid charges against 25-year-old Drew Randal McCabe of Central West River, Pictou County, in relation to this incident. He is charged with:
· Discharging a firearm in a reckless manner
· Using a firearm while committing an indictable offence
· Careless use of a firearm
· Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm
· Possession of a firearm while prohibited
The investigation is ongoing.