Mooo-ve over motorists!

RCMP are warning local motorists to drive with caution near the intersection of Highway 104 and 4 Highway. On Wednesday, Sept. 12 in Barney’s River Station at 9:20 p.m., the Pictou County RCMP responded to a report of a car that struck a cow at the intersection of Highway 104 and No. 4 Highway There were […]

Continue Reading

Digging in the dirt

STELLARTON — As I stared out across the grassy, sun-drenched plain, I knew this was going to be the day. The day that I rescued from the clutches of history some buried treasures by using my latent skills as an archaeologist. After all, I took an online archaeology course one time; that’s got to make […]

Continue Reading

Murder accused makes first appearance

The accused in a second-degree murder case that took place last Friday made his first appearance in Provincial Court on Monday morning. Jason David Bezanson, 33, was charged with one count of aggravated assault and one count of second-degree murder. During his appearance in court, the aggravated assault charge was dropped, as the victim was […]

Continue Reading

Ex-cellent Ex

PICTOU — It was a special time for the Pictou-North Colchester Exhibition. The 2018 edition wrapped up on Sunday with large crowds daily for the event since it opened last Wednesday with 4-H Day. Touring the new 4-H Legends Building, viewing the 4-H exhibits and enjoying the refreshments offered by volunteers in the kitchen was […]

Continue Reading
Pictou Advocate community news banner

Sobey Foundation establishes $1 Million cardiorespiratory service at St. Martha’s Hospital

ANTIGONISH –  Saint Martha’s Regional Hospital Foundation (SMRHF) is bursting with pride. That’s because the Sobey Foundation has made a transformative $1 million gift in support of cardiorespiratory care at the hospital. In recognition of the gift, the cardio and respiratory services will be named Sobey Cardiorespiratory Services. Frank Sobey, chair of the Sobey Foundation, […]

Continue Reading