Anyone in the downtown area of New Glasgow this weekend will notice traffic disruptions.
The Town of New Glasgow advises the traveling public that there will be several upcoming road closures to accommodate preparations and events associated with The Riverfront Jubilee.
• The Glasgow Square Theatre parking lot will be closed as of 6 a.m. Thursday until 6 am Tuesday.
• The Goodman Parking lot will be closed as of 6 a.m. Thursday and will remain closed until early morning Monday.
• Riverside Parkway and Dalhousie Street, from the corner of Provost Street and George Street to Riverside Parkway, will be closed from 6 a.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday, but there will be access to MacLean Street from Glasgow Street for all three days.
• Traffic will also be reduced to two lanes on the George Street Bridge, starting Friday at 6 a.m. until Monday at 6 a.m.
• Local access will be permitted to the Riverfront Marina until 5 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
• No overnight RV parking is permitted in the free parking lot located in front of New Glasgow Farmers Market.