MHL hockey fans will have to wait a little longer to see a local game.
The Nova Scotia government announced on Friday that the COVID-19 restrictions introduced before Christmas will be extended until 11:59 p.m. on January 24. Those rules include limiting sports practices to 25 participants without physical distancing, with games and tournaments not permitted. As a result, the MHL’s six Nova Scotia teams will continue the current pause in their 2020-21 regular season schedules.
As a result, the following games will be postponed:
- January 15th – Pictou County at Amherst
- January 15th – Truro at Valley
- January 15th – South Shore at Yarmouth
- January 16th – South Shore at Amherst
- January 16th – Yarmouth at Truro
- January 16th – Pictou County at Valley
- January 22nd – Amherst at Truro
- January 22nd – Pictou County at South Shore
- January 23rd – Valley at Amherst
- January 23rd – South Shore at Truro
- January 23rd – Pictou County at Yarmouth
An announcement will be made when these games are rescheduled.