A traffic stop yesterday in New Glasgow led to police discovering a weapon and drugs.
On March 22, at 4: p.m. New Glasgow Regional Police stopped a vehicle near the intersection of Granville Street and East River Road. According to a press release from the town police, officers stopped the vehicle based on evidence that the driver had a revoked licence.
During the stop, police located a weapon, ammunition and drugs, all of which was seized. The driver was arrested without incident and transported to New Glasgow Regional Police where he was held in custody.
The 29-year-old-male from Pictou County has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Unlawful possession of a firearm
- Possession firearm in a motor vehicle
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
- Operating an unregistered vehicle
- Driving motor vehicle without insurance
- Driving while licence revoked
The suspect has been remanded into police custody and will be appearing in Provincial Court in Pictou today.
New Glasgow Regional Police continue to investigate.