A joint enforcement operation between New Glasgow Regional Police and the Nova Scotia Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal’s Vehicle Transportation Inspection Division has resulted in a number of drivers being charged with multiple offences.
A press release from the New Glasgow Regional Police says more than 150 vehicles were checked for compliance during the three-hour operation this week.
- five drivers charged with operating vehicle without valid inspection sticker.
- two drivers charged with violating regulation standards in relation to window tinting.
- one driver charged With operating unregistered vehicle.
- one vehicle towed.
- four re-inspection orders issued.
- four Motor Vehicle Act related warnings.
The New Glasgow Regional Police encourages members of the public to report any unsafe driving by calling 902 752-1941, or Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers toll free at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca, or use the P3 Tips App.